Sunday 5 December 2010

Navigation Ideas

I decided to create my own navigation bar ideas. To see what it would look like with my site.

I thought that it may be easier to use symbols than text. I had to find the right symbol for each of my pages. I had created one for My home,about, services and contact page. It was quite difficult to come up with a symbol that would represent the about page. These buttons will be placed in a specific way on my page rather than in the most traditional way of being either in a line at the top underneath the header or at the side.
These buttons will have to be made in photoshop and then imported onto Flash and transformed into a button that way.


I then created some very simple navigation buttons that just included text aswell having a navigation bar with just symbols. The colours arent very good but they kind of go with my colour scheme. I will create these in Flash by using the tools in the program.


I then experimented with other symbols and colours. The colours in this match the logo i have created. I would possilby use this for my site. I will have to edit this in photoshop also and then turn the images into buttons on Flash.



I have also experimented with images and the way i place my text. I wanted some form or building like imagery involved in my navigation bar to make it a little bit more exciting and quirky. I had decided to do something like this whilst working in my sketchbook. When i was coming up with different web page ideas.
I like the way the text stands out from the background as if its actually on the step.
I then experiemted with colour and the different effects i could use on my navigation image.

In order to create a good navigation bar i had to make sure that the text was readable and easy to use i thought that this idea worked quite well as it clearly shows the text.



No comments:

Post a Comment