Sunday 5 December 2010

Banner Ideas.

As well as creating designs on Flash I have designed some on Photoshop so i can look at my different ideas and possibly incorporate them into one design for my site.

This was my first idea using just text. I dont think that this idea is very good. Its very plain and boring i want something with more colour so that it stands out a bit more and something that also links in with my sites theme.


The text kind of fits in together. I would consider changing the 'architecture' text as it looks too gothic for the page.

I decided to play around with text more than anything as it was something i found interesting during the research period.
I decided to do something simple with this banner. This is becasue i will actually animate this in Flash Where the text will come together.



This will be the start of my banner



My banner will then start to move and the text will come together



.....

I then went on the experiment with colour and images.



This was  my first design i created. I wanted to stick to a colour scheme that fitted with my header text. I decided to use this as the basis of my design and incorporated the colours into this design.
I did this by using the gradient tool in facebook and edited it with a filter. I then added silhouettes of buildings on top of the background. Once i had finished this design i realised that it was too modern and was more likely to attract a younger audience than what i aiming at.





This idea has both modern aspects and professional aspects. It shows the type of work that the company is involved in and also gives it an idea that its new and repsresent the company name ' Modern Architecture'. The only thing that botheres me is the fact that the majority of ideas are very dark so that they stick with my black, white and grey theme i will have to consider changing some aspects of my site, in order to make it more interesting and to grab the attention of my target market.


I then Went on to create something that was a little bit more brighter but stuck with the colours i wanted. I created this by using a background image i had used before on a previous design i then inverted it and addfed silhouettes of scaffolding and other various things. I also added my company logo and added a drawing of some architectural plans and changed the opacity so that it didnt over power the rest of the banner. I think that this design looks a lot more like a construction companies banner.

 
I also decided to make a moving banner that could act as both my splash page and ad banner. This is just a rough idea of what it could look like. I will do this by using the mask layout tool in Flash and have a moving image in the background.


 ....





The top banner i designed looks like an ad for taratan and thats definately not what im selling. The bottom one lookes a lot more suitable. I took this from my main head design and inverted the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment