Sunday 10 October 2010

Headers and Footers

I decided to look at the different types of headers and footers that other people had created for websites. I found this very helpful when designing mine as it gave me a greater idea on what mine should be like in terms of colour and size.

http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/headers-and-footers-that-grab-you-coming-and-going

This is the website that i looked at to find the different headers and footer designs i liked. I chose to look at three different styles to show some form of comparison



This is the first header and footer design i looked at. The way they both fit together works really well and keeps to the same style and colours. This is the type of header and footer i would like to create where i can created my own image and have it as part o the actual website pages layout. I have noticed that in this design the links that are usually near the bottom on the footer have been put at the top of the page above the header. This is something i havnt seen before.

I love how child like this design is. The images link together kind of like a childrens book. It is very bright and different to what i have normally seen. I really like how the text on both the header and footer does not interfere with the images, i think that this works very well.
I have also noticed that the header banner is linked in with the navigation bar at the top. Which i think is unusual to see on web layouts, because they are normally seen underneath a banner.

This design is completely different to the previous two because of the sort of realness it has with the photos of the bananas and how it has a kind of 3D effect unlike the others which seem rather flat. I also like how there is three different link buttons on the footer which look
 like they are part of the background image within the header.


I decided to create my own different headers to see if i could make a good functionhal design.

This was the first design i created. I decided to take and image and edit it to the style i wanted and gave them different widths and fitted them together so that i could see if they would work on an actual web page.

I liked playing with the different colours in the images so that the design of my web site could have different variations


I like this design it would go well witha  black background and some white lettering and tabs on it

No comments:

Post a Comment